Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Rose

Tonight I made this card using one of the stamp sets I acquired from Kitchen Sink Stamps.....set LRGC006 Hearts and Roses. I love flowers and this single rose is one of my favorites. It is a 4-step stamping process for the rose bud and a 3-step stamping process for the leaves. The "I love you" script was also from that set of stamps.

This design was stamped on white card stock using inks from SU: Rose Red, Real Red and Bravo Burgundy for the flower, Mellow Moss and Old Olive for the stem and leaves. I cut and embossed the first layer with the plain long-narrow rectangle dies from Nestablities. Then I used the next size larger to cut a scalloped layer. A little over half of the card front was embossed with the Swiss Dot Cuttlebug Folder (one of my favorites) and the red paper with white dots is scrapbook paper.

I hope to post new cards regularly but my daily schedule is very irregular. Hope you check back from time to time.

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Awesome, Vicki! Welcome to blogging!! Very pretty card.

Annie said...

Vicki, I love that you have a blog now!! and this card is beautiful!

Harriet Skelly said...

Vicki this card is beautiful! Congrats on your blog - great job with it!!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...