Friday, December 5, 2008

Non-Traditional Colors for Christmas

I am part of a wonderful group of ladies on Yahoo. We exchange a lot of cards each year. Last year my Christmas/Holiday cards to them were all pretty much the same card. This year I was determined to send everyone a different card. Some are similar but I don't think there were any two identical. This was a lot of fun.

I had some ideas for Christmas/Holiday cards but was excited when I found of variety pack of glittery papers at Michael's which really went with what I had in mind. On the front of the pack it gave coordinating solid colors to use along with the patterns in the pack.

I had purchased the deer stamp from Paper Inspirations a long time ago but had never used it. The focus of this card is the glittery deer which was embossed with Egyptian Gold Embossing Powder. The deer was mounted onto a glimmery piece of light aqua Bassil paper which had been cut with my rectangle Nestabilities and then mounted onto the tan piece of tan Bassil which I had cut with my scalloped rectangles.

The aqua paper was embossed with the Cuttlebug Snowflake folder and added more glimmer to the card. The striped paper was one the papers in the variety pack I bought. I'm not sure if it shows or not but the striped paper does have glitter on it. Before mounting the deer onto the card with pop dots, I ran a very narrow piece of metalic gold ribbon through my Xyron and attached it to cover the seam of the two papers.

As a final touch I added a gold foil sentiment at the bottom of the card.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Beautiful, beautiful Vicki! I love the colors, the papers - everything!

A few days ago I watched a video from  Karen Titus  using 1" squares.  I thought it would be fun to pull out some scraps from one of my...