Friday, January 9, 2009

"V" is for Violets

One of my favorite indoor flowers has always been the African Violet. My paternal grandmother always had beautiful violets in her home. I've not had as good of luck growing them as her but I always try to have just one as a reminder of her.

I made this card recently for an alphabet swap. First I took the lavender paper and embossed the front using two CB folders. I added the vertical lines by using my Scor-Pal. The stamp surface was colored using markers from SU and stamped onto cardstock from Lasting Impressions. I cut the rectangles using my Long and Narrow Rectangle Nestabilities.

Materials used--

Papers: Lasting Impressions Cardstock - Powdered Sugar; Stampin Up! Cardstock - Lavender Lace; Checked paper was from leftover scrapbook paper

Markers: Mellow Moss and Lavender Lace from Stampin Up!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Very pretty. Love the embossed background especially.

Lynette said...

This card is so gorgeous, Vicki! I love violets, too, and have tried numerous times to grow them - with NO success.

From the pattern on  this  video you will get two cards with this layout.  These are mine. Thank you for coming by today!