Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Quick and Easy Valentine

Yesterday a friend (initials HS) showed a card that she had made after seeing something similar on a blog. It was so different than anything I'd made and such a simple layout that I had to make one just like it using my own combination of papers.
I don't think it takes much explanation. I used the CB Swiss Dots border folder on the left and right of the front leaving room for some scor lines. I chose 5 coordinating papers and punched hearts spacing them evenly down the middle of the card.
In just a few minutes I had a Valentine card. This one was made using Snickerdoodle (off white) cardstock from Lasting Impressions. It probably took longer to find the 5 coordinating colors to make the hearts than it did to actually make the card. I made one card with a side fold and one card with the top fold.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Very pretty - great case!

A few days ago I watched a video from  Karen Titus  using 1" squares.  I thought it would be fun to pull out some scraps from one of my...