Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Once again it has been too long since I posted something here so I decided to post more than one today. I wish life didn't have such a way of interferring with making cards.

About two years ago I purchased the Spellbinders Baseball/Softball die along with the baseball brads from a store that was closing. Being from the town where "The Final Season" was filmed in large part, I wanted to do some cards done with the baseball theme. Well, it's taken me too long to come up with something. I finally got this card put together this morning for a little boy's birthday.

I chose the CB folder for the background on the Snickerdoodle cardstock from Lasting Impressions. The brown layer is cardstock from Stampin Up.

This was a card I kind of "threw together" using a piece I had already stamped and stored for future use. Stamp is from Paper Inspirations.

And finally, this was a new stamp I just purchased from Penny Black. I love coloring the Penny Black Hedgehog designs. Items I used were Powdered Sugar paper from Lasting Impressions, scrap of yellow for one of the layers, Nestabilities for cutting the layers and the CB Swiss Dots folder for embossing a portion of the front of the card. Coloring was done with Copic Markers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vicki,
I love your cards!! These are sooo cute. I think the birthday boy will enjoy this card.
Greetings,
Nadia

Lynette said...

Wow Vicki - all three cards are so great! Your coloring is so awesome, and I love the layouts. Some little boy will definitely love that baseball card!

M@ureen said...

Hi Vicky, nice to "hear" from you ;-)

Your cards are georgeous!!!

   These are two cards I made using the second format from Robin Armbrecht's video.  (You can see a link in yesterday's post.)  I li...