Saturday, May 9, 2009

MOTHER'S DAY CARDS




Oh my goodness..........I couldn't believe it was April 17 the last time I posted!!!! Shame on me! I've been so busy running errands and getting flowers planted outside that I'm afraid Mother's Day really crept up on me. Here are two of the cards I made this year.

Cardstock on both cards is Powdered Sugar from Lasting Impressions. Neither card needs a lot of explanation. On the Yellow Rose card, I ran one of the CB border folders along the inside edge, stamped the Rose design from Penny Black and then stamped the Paper Inspirations sentiment over the flower.
On the Red Rose card I stamped the flower design from Penny Black and then ran the Swiss Dot Cuttlebug Folder through just using a portion of the front with the flower. I wanted to leave a solid area to stamp the "Happy Mother's Day" on the front.

Tonight our family is gathering in a restaurant for our Mother's Day celebration. The men in our family don't like it when we try to go out on the actual day because of the waiting in line. (Who's holiday is it????) Well, I'll admit it is difficult to eat out with 17 people ON Mother's Day. Tomorrow we are supposed to have a nice sunny day with little wind so I'll get my husband to grill. I'll add some potato salad, baked beans and deviled eggs. We'll have a nice easy day at home.
Wishing all of you a very special day tomorrow!


3 comments:

Anne said...

Such lovely cards, Vicki! I hope you have a lovely Mother's Day! Mom is arriving this afternoon for a quick visit--love those low-price flights on Allegiant! We're planning lots of card making and other crafting with very little of anything else. An ideal Mother's Day I believe for both of us! Enjoy your family tonight!

Smiles,
Anne

Anonymous said...

You made wonderful cards Vicki. I love them so much. Oh a cook out tomorow...sounds very good :-). Have a great evening with your family tonight and a wonderful Mother´s Day!!

Lynette said...

Both of these cards are really beautiful, Vicki! I hope you had a great dinner out last night, and have a Happy Mother's Day today!

   These are two cards I made using the second format from Robin Armbrecht's video.  (You can see a link in yesterday's post.)  I li...