Monday, July 20, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY


My mother needed a birthday card to send to one of my cousins, and Mother always likes to have a little ribbon on the card. I had been working with some of my older retired Hero Arts stamps (E2756 Field Flower Blossom and F2665 A Real Field Wildflower) that had been neglected. The "E" stamp is a reverse image of just the blossom which I stamped with Bamboo VersaColor ink and then the "F" stamp was stamped over it. I'm not sure if it shows, but there is a little bit of a "halo" around the blossom from the "E" stamp. Some of the Hero Arts flower stamps were among the first of the stamps I ever purchased and are so easy to work with.

The cardstock is from Lasting Impressions. I stamped the image on a piece of Snickerdoodle paper, and then sponged some of the Bamboo VersaColor ink to give a softer look to the layer. The green layer is called "Thyme - Solid".

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll come back soon.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

So pretty, Vicki! I'm sure your mom will be very pleased) Love the "halo."

Harriet Skelly said...

That is a really cool effect with the two stamps! Love the black gingham ribbon!

From the pattern on  this  video you will get two cards with this layout.  These are mine. Thank you for coming by today!