Monday, July 13, 2009

SIMPLICITY


It's a lot of fun to look at blogs with all the fancy detailed cards. There are so many talented artists out there. However, due to having limited quantities of time to sit and "fuss" over cards I love to make simple cards.
This card was made using Powdered Sugar paper from Lasting Impressions. Before embossing with the CB Circle folders, I placed a light pencil line where I would want the bottom edge of each of the circles so they would be straight. Butterflies are one of my favorite things and I have a small set of three butterflies from Inkadinkado that needed come out of the wrapper.
Most of my time was actually spent finding a paper that I wanted to use on the top of the card that would work with the butterfly images. When I found this pink/black/white combination it seemed to work. The butterflies were then colored with a marker from Stampin Up. Stamping the images was easy using my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig.
I added a "Hi!" in another CB circle and cut it with a Spellbinders die.
Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

M@ureen said...

Wow, beautiful card Vicky!

Lynette said...

I love it! Clean and Simple - just the way I like 'em. I do believe you found the perfect paper:)

And here are the final four cards you get from  this  video by Karen Titus.    I may try to do this with some papers from some other collect...