Friday, July 24, 2009

USING ALCOHOL INK

I have been watching some videos for different techniques and the ones with Alcohol Inks really looked interesting. I ordered a bunch of colors and this is one of the first projects that I made. The inks dry very quickly so I was able to stamp the tree image and the birds soon after. Since the background is done on glossy paper, I had to be very careful to place the stamps straight down and the lift straight up so as not to smudge the designs. The black layer is also glossy paper and then mounted on cardstock from Stampin Up.
Working with these alcohol inks has been so much fun and you can get so many different looks. No doubt you will see more examples on my blog page in the future.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Very cool, Vicki! I've never tried anything like that - you did it wonderfully!

Using the pattern from  this  video referred to yesterday, you will get just one of this card.  Karen Titus added her squares right to the c...