Tuesday, September 22, 2009

ASKING FOR SUGGESTIONS TODAY

This is a card that I am posting for you to see but to ask for your suggestions. I loved this stamp. It is an unmounted red rubber stamp that I purchased at a very cheap price. It was so large though that none of the Oval Nesties were big enough so that I could cut it and still be able to put another mat behind it. I had purchased a Coluzzle set and it actually took the largest one of those to get the entire design in.

I inked each section with markers. After stamping the image I added some clear embossing powder to the pinecones and heat embossed them.

If you have any ideas I could use to enhance the card, please tell me..........I just think it could use something further.

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Great card, Vicki! I think perhaps just a sentiment - in the lower right, but extending out over the white image panel a bit. That would be my suggestion:)

Anne said...

Maybe cut down the green and mount it again on white, or use a gold pen to dress up the edge of the white oval.

In the future this stamp might be good for a real clean and simple look by stamping it directly on white cs, then drawing a rectangle around it with a sentiment underneath it as part of the rectangle. Here's an example http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1267959

Hope this sparks an idea...

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Thanks for your ideas! I just felt it needed something. I'll try any ideas.

From the pattern on  this  video you will get two cards with this layout.  These are mine. Thank you for coming by today!