Wednesday, September 9, 2009

WEDDING CARD

I have a nephew getting married September 12 and wanted to make something special for them. (Sharon, if you see this don't tell Chris you saw the card for his and Mandy's wedding.) Originally I wanted to use one of the new Spellbinders Pendants but turns out I sold the one I wanted to use. I went through my files and found the picture of one I had from somewhere on the Internet. I used the combination of Spellbinders Classic Ovals rather than circles as the one I had seen. The light pink background is a border stamp I stamped twice before mounting the layered ovals. I had also planned on using some sheer ribbon along the left side of the card but then decided it might make it look a little "too girly" since it was already "pink". I remembered the CB "with love" border folder and used it instead - since it was a family member getting married it seemed more appropriate.

The pearls really make a perfect addition to the scallops for such a special occasion and since the card won't go through the mail it should be fine.

Thanks for looking! Your comments are always welcome and appreciated.

4 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

Oh Vicki this is gorgeous and elegant! Awesome card!

Sheri said...

Simply stunning! That will be a card they will treasure forever.

Tanja Schurat (vorm. Kortmann) said...

Wow, that is a very lovely card !!!
Great !!!

Lynette said...

So pretty, Vicki! I hope you had safe travels and a wonderful time at the wedding.

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...