Wednesday, September 16, 2009

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, HARRIET!

A while back I saw a video on using alcohol inks. I thought it looked like a lot of fun and pretty easy to do. It's impossible to get two that look just a like so they all are unique. I did this process on white glossy paper and then heat embossed black EP over the top. The black layer is also glossy paper. Although it doesn't show up this is a gatefold card with a magnet closure. When I needed an anniversary card for my friend, Harriet, I wrote an appropriate message inside.

If you are interested in trying alcohol inks, I would be happy to get them for you at a discount.

Thanks for looking and hope you come back soon.

3 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

Vicki - I loved receiving this card - this is definitely a cool technique! And of course I love butterflies!

Sheri said...

A very cheery card indeed. Love the colors you chose and it is such a cool technique. The butterflies just set it off

Lynette said...

So pretty, Vicki!

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...