Wednesday, January 6, 2010

DREAMING OF VIOLETS


With the winter we are having this year, flowers seem to be a long way away here in Iowa. Stamping and coloring flowers is one of my very favorite things to do for making cards.

With New Years just a few days ago, many people are making resolutions...........not me! If I were to make resolutions, I should probably say I will not buy any more paper because of the "stash" I have here. I'm really going to try to stay away from adding to my inventory of paper but I know better than to make a "resolution" to that affect.

When Lasting Impressions discontinued a lot of their long-time colors, I bought A BUNCH!!! No play on the word "bunch" but this is paper is "Grape" from the 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 variety packs that were available.

I stamped the image on one of the white card stocks that I have here and colored it with my Copic makers and cut it out with one of the plain oval Nestabilities. I wanted to mount the piece on another piece of white so I edged the layer with the design on it by going around the outside of it with the lavender marker. I cut a second white layer with the next size up of the scalloped oval and adhered the two layers to the card.

Thanks for stopping by................hope you come back again soon!

2 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh, Vicky, this is so beautiful!!! Love those colors and your coloring on those flowers is amazing!!!! I see I am not the only paper hoarder out there,hehe! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Lynette said...

So pretty, Vicki! I really like the torn edge - great card!

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...