Saturday, January 23, 2010

NEW CUTTLEBUG 5 X 7 FOLDERS


Sorry that today's card is more than just simple! I bought the Romance Folder bundle of Cuttlebug folders and the one I used for this card is 5 x 7 . I am disappointed in the limitation of the 5 x 7 folders because I do the embossing with the Cuttlebug and it isn't wide enough to put the wide side of the folder through first since it is only 6 inches wide.

By needing to put the folder through with the 5 inch side first, it requires folding the back of the card around outside the back of the folder. This makes it too thick to go through the CB if using a nice paper such as Stampin' Up or PaperTrey cardstock.

For this card I used a single layer of the Real Red SU cardstock and then cut away the portion that I didn't want on the front of a standard A2 card. I cut it slightly smaller to mount on a white card base. Before mounting it on the card base, I added the white dotted swiss ribbon.
I wasn't sure I wanted to add a sentiment on the front because it would cover up part of the beautifully embossed hearts. If you have any suggestions, I would certainly welcome them.
Final note: I wish that if Provo Craft was going to start making 5 x 7 folders that they would have made the Cuttlebug wider to facilitate sending the folders through with the 7" side first.
Thanks for stopping by...........hope you are having a great weekend!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Very pretty, Vicki! Sorry you are disappointed with your new folders:(

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...