Sunday, January 24, 2010

POPPED FLOWER

A LONG TIME ago I purchased some scrapbooking paper with these flowers as the design. Once I got it home I had no idea what to do with it. The other day I saw a video that was completely different and yet it somehow reminded me of this paper and gave me an idea.

I cut out all of the flowers on the sheet using my Classic Oval Nestabilities. There were about six whole flowers on each sheet. Each of the ovals were then run through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots folder. (If you double click the picture and enlarge it, you will be able to see the texture to the layer with the flower on it.) This layer was then mounted on a layer of Wild Wasabi SU card stock which had been cut with the Classic Scalloped Oval Nestabilities which was slightly larger than the plan oval.

There were a few partial designs with the flower itself in tact so I very carefully cut out the "blossom" of each one that was available. I popped those flowers onto the ovals.

The card base on both of these cards is Buttercup from Lasting Impressions (more of my discontinued papers). As you can see, the first oval was placed off to the side so I could stamp the vertical "Birthday" sentiment along side of the design. The second card has the oval centered on the card base.

Thanks for stopping by............please come back again soon. Your comments are always welcome!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Beautiful, Vicki! I love the flowers, and the addition of the popped up ones is great!

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...