Wednesday, January 27, 2010

QUICKIE CARD #1

Over the last few months I have had a basket of cards at the beauty shop where I get my hair cut. They were selling fairly well. As I began to put more time and expense into the cards I naturally had to increase my price but none of my cards were marked for more than $2.75.....and I don't think that is a bad price for a hand made card.

Well yesterday I talked to the lady who cuts my hair and she said the cards were selling a lot better when they were only $1.50 to $1.75. Duh!!! I suppose they did but the quality of the cards has improved a lot since I started taking them and prices on her hair cuts and perms have also certainly gone up. (I think she and one of her sons are actually the ones who buy the most cards.)

Anyway, I decided I would make "SIMPLE" cards to put up there again but I've found that "simple" and "cheap" doesn't have to necessarily mean unattractive cards. Over the next few day I will be adding pictures of the cards I've been coming up with. Today's card was SO easy. I cut three strips of paper. I adhered the two patterned papers to the front of the card base. I punched the design on the white strip and stuck it on. Finally I stamped a sentiment that coordinated with the flower punched border. Probably about 5 minutes involved.

I really like this card and plan on making quite a few more similar. The little 6 x 6 pads of paper that have coordinated patterns are perfect for what I will be doing. The papers on this card are from the Basic Grey "Wisteria" paper pad.

Thanks for stopping by...........make sure to stop by and see the others I have come up with that take VERY LITTLE TIME!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Hi, Vicki. This card is lovely! I, too, have a basket of cards at my hairstylist's shop. I found the same thing, that the most popular cards were the simple ones and those for weddings, birthday, thank you, sympathy, or just blank. The cards with prices over $2.00 didn't go well. Your cards are so lovely they should do well anywhere!

Hugs,
Barb

Harriet Skelly said...

This is beautiful Vicki! Isn't that Wisteria paper awesome?? Good luck with the card selling business!
Hugs, Harriet

And here are the final four cards you get from  this  video by Karen Titus.    I may try to do this with some papers from some other collect...