Friday, January 15, 2010

SOMETHING DIFFERENT TODAY


No card today but I have a little critique here for you - my opinion on a new item:

Yesterday on one of the Yahoo groups I saw a link to a page that was evaluating the Scor-Pal vs. the new Martha Stewart Scoring Board. My first thought was "why do I need the MS one when I already have the Scor-Pal?"

Well, I was very intrigued by the evaluation that was given there; and when I found out that Martha's was only $19.99 retail, was available at Michael's and I was going to be near there yesterday naturally over-drive for new tool kicked in...........and I had a coupon. Well as luck would have it they were in stock but were already 30% off so I didn't get to use my coupon. For $2.00 difference I decided not to wait since I don't get there real often.

The first thing I did with it was to make an envelope. I've never made an envelope before because I didn't want to use a template to do it. The MS board made it SO easy! Then I decided to score a pattern onto the front of a card. I had always been a little disappointed with how the scores showed up when I did it with the Scor-Pal so I was thrilled with the results I got with my new MS tool.

There are directions with it for making various sizes of cards, envelopes and boxes. I also like the idea that there are grooves every 1/8". The triangle guide is the perfect aid for making the envelopes and it also makes it so much easier to make those angled designs on the front of a card.

The only slightly negative comment I have is that since the scoring tool is thinner to enable a better crease, it is slightly flexible which requires using a little more control.

I'm sure I'll still use my Scor-Pal some but I am very happy that I bought the new Martha Stewart Scoring Board. If you would like to see the site where I found the information you can click here: Scor-pal vs The Martha Stewart Scoring Board...

Thanks for stopping by today..................please come back again soon.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Thanks for the review, Vicki! I'll definitely check it out.

   These are two cards I made using the second format from Robin Armbrecht's video.  (You can see a link in yesterday's post.)  I li...