Thursday, January 14, 2010

SPRING TULIP

It's a dreary day here in Iowa today so I needed something to think of Spring. Tulips are truly one of those flowers that symbolize Spring. I didn't have time to make a card today because my mother is needing me to drive her for a doctor's appointment since it is still a little slippery around parking lots. This card was actually made a long time ago but I had this picture in my files.

I took three colors of ink (turquoise, green and pink) and randomly smeared them onto a card front. Then I cut a rectangular piece - slightly larger than the one which I was using for the stamped image - and really inked it up good with the turquoise ink. The image is from a set from Stampin' Up.

The colors of this card are so soft and I really like the results. Thanks for coming by...........and please come back again soon.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

This is definitely a great card for a dreary day! You are one talented lady - the artwork is awesome!

Barb

Sabrina Jackson said...

Vicky, this is so soft and so pretty!!! Love it! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

And here are the final four cards you get from  this  video by Karen Titus.    I may try to do this with some papers from some other collect...