Thursday, January 21, 2010

THIS WAS FUN..........



So much for wanting to post a card every day this month. Since I didn't show something yesterday I thought I'd show you something completely different today.
Our grandson, Tucker, is going to be 4 years old soon. My mother was staying with us during the ice storm we had yesterday so we decided I'd make a fun card for her to give him. I had seen this idea on a video and decided I had to give it a try. My initial attempt was "too girly" for a little boy so I changed the color scheme. I think this makes a really fun card to give a child. What do you think?
I had a hard time deciding how to do the front of the card but then remembered some die cut trees I had made using the same green cardstock from Lasting Impressions. So then I struggled with what to put with it. When I went to bed last night I remembered I had some Hedgehog stickers from Penny Black. I thought it was perfect to put one carrying a balloon to tie in with the inside of the card.
I am not even going to try to explain how I made it but here is a link to the video so you can make your own. YouTube - pop up Balloon card I did make another card using flowers instead and colored the acetate green with Copic markers so they would have a stem and not just floating like balloons. My stamp inside is "Hoping today blooms into something wonderful". I'd love to see what you come up with.
Thanks for stopping by...........please come back again soon.


3 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Wow, Vicky, this is stunning!!!I am sure your grandson will absolutely LOVE it!!!

Barbara said...

This is very cute!! And fun!! Great idea with the balloons.

Barb

Lynette said...

Very cute, Vicki! Tucker is going to love his special card!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...