Saturday, February 6, 2010

QUICKIE CARDS - DAY 10

OK, so this about enough of these to give you ideas of how the same papers can give a different look to a card. The designer paper on these two cards was from a 6 x 6 sheet in the paper pad. By cutting between the designs, I was able to get 4 cards out of the one sheet by combing them with complimentary designs from the same pad. This card was made with papers from the Basic Grey "Wisteria" 6 x 6 paper pad which were added to the front of the card base and then trimmed with the lacy punched piece made with a Martha Stewart punch. (See note below)
And finally this card was made using Snickerdoodle cardstock from Lasting Impressions. I ran part of the card front through the Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dot folder which I love so much. I cut a band of the flowered paper and adhered it to the top of the card.
There was a small strip of the paper used on the bottom of the first card and when possible I use these narrow pieces. My Scor-Pal was used to make a couple of scored lines slightly wider than the narrow piece of paper I had left. I cut a label using the Spellbinders "Fancy Labels" and stamped the sentiment on it. I ran the strip through the scrolled edges of the label and adhered it to the card.
(NOTE: I love the look that the Martha Stewart punches give to projects. However, I have had two items that I had to return to the store. One was a pop-up embossed flower "punch". It would only emboss on typing paper.........not what I wanted to use on cards. I then tried the lace embossed heart...........again it did not emboss on card stock so it was returned.)
Now when I post again, I'll try to get on to something different. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

I haven't had time to read my blogs the last few days, so I'm catching up now. I love your "quickie" cards. The elements are all awesome - the papers, the die cuts, the punches - everything!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Vickie, these are so beautiful, love the use of the punches and the dp. The fancy tag card is so cute. I too have had problems with some of Martha's punches. Unfortunately I did not save my recipes. The new stamp and punch sets she has with the butterflys creates such cute little images, but the second time I went to use it, the stamps would no longer stick to the doohickey it came with, it also would not stick my acrylic block. I think I am going to try to using some aileen's tack on the back, but geez, you would think they would make this with a little better quality! Overall though, I love her punches.

Using the pattern from  this  video referred to yesterday, you will get just one of this card.  Karen Titus added her squares right to the c...