Friday, March 19, 2010

CARD FOR MY MOTHER-IN-LAW

Card Cover

Pages 1 and 2

Pages 3 and 4

Pages 5 and 6
My mother-in-law turned 90 in February. Because part of the family was in Florida and part lives in Minnesota we thought it best to postpone any celebration until the weather improved. Tomorrow night we are celebrating. One of our daughters made a wonderful photo album for her on Shutterfly. I think this card will go along nicely with the album.
When a group I belong to had a gathering last June, my friend Georgia showed us a card like this that she had made. Some of the items used in this are stickers from Timless Moments and the others are rub-ons which I purchased at Archivers.
This type of card has a lot of possibilities. I chose to stay with the black and white inside because the stickers were all a black font and black images. Papers used inside to trim pages were from a black and white paper pad from the Paper Studio which was purchased at Hobby Lobby.
I thought it would be nice to have some color on the cover so I chose the paper from the Basic Grey "Origins" 6 x 6 pad because of the black flower. Rather than put a sentiment on the front, I just added the black rub-on butterfly and black ribbon to tie it shut.

The card actually opens completely accordian style. Hope some of you give one of these a try. I was a little nervous about diving into the project but it really was fun to make it. Now I have stickers to do one for my own mother, my husband and our two daughters. They won't have to wait until they turn 90 though. :)
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Awesome card, Vicki! Your mother-in-law will be thrilled to receive it. How fun!

Sheri said...

I am sure she will love it and will probably show it to everyone she sees! Very very nice card Vicki

Barbara said...

Sensational! Congratulations to your MIL. She was born the same year as my uncle who lives in Cedar Rapids, however he won't be 90 til December. I love the front and all the nostalgia.

Barb

A few days ago I watched a video from  Karen Titus  using 1" squares.  I thought it would be fun to pull out some scraps from one of my...