Tuesday, March 23, 2010

SYMPATHY

This is another card from my files. I chose a Lavender card stock for the base and then cut an off white piece of cardstock which was slightly smaller than the 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 front and ran it through the Cuttlebug with a CB folder. Before adhering the off white layer to the front of the card, I ran a piece of Dotted Swiss ribbon around the lower portion of the card and added a clip.

I stamped the image and cut it with a Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Circle, mounted it on a slightly larger Lavender Plain Classic Circle and then again on a slightly larger Green Classic Scalloped Circle. This piece was then adhered to the front of the card.

When I finished it I thought the soft colors and stamped flowers would make an appropriate card to send In Sympathy, although I think a sentiment inside for "Get Well" or even a "Birthday" card would work as well.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Very pretty, Vicki! I think it would work for just about any occasion.

Barbara said...

I love the texture and simplicity of this card. The colors are very comforting.

Barb

From the pattern on  this  video you will get two cards with this layout.  These are mine. Thank you for coming by today!