Wednesday, April 28, 2010

HAPPY THOUGHTS

A few days ago a friend of mine, Lynette, had posted a card on her April 18 blog post (My Stamping Addiction) using craft card stock. Since I had purchased some Kraft card stock from Papertrey and hadn't used it yet, I decided it was a good time to bring it out.

The card base was embossed with the Swiss Dots folder (as you know my favorite from my recent posts). You will notice that the layer with the stamped design on it is slightly darker than the card base, but I liked it well enough to go ahead and use it. I had a note card of a thinner Kraft card stock. I cut the note card down and used a portion of it. The flower blossom is from an Inkadinkadoo clear stamp set. The sentiment is from Hero Arts. Both were stamped with SU White Craft ink. The stem is from an SU stamp set and was colored with an SU Mellow Moss marker. After stamping the sentiment I used the SU YoYo Yellow marker to lightly color the butterflies that are included with the sentiment and also the center of the flower blossom.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

I really like this card a lot, Vicki! I'll have to try to remember to use that SU! set for stems - it works GREAT with that daisy! I love the sentiment, too. Great card!

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!