Tuesday, May 4, 2010

MOTHER'S DAY #2

This was a fun card to make. I started with a card base made of SU Real Red card stock. I cut a piece of white card stock that was 4 x 5 1/4 inches. I put the stencil I was going to use on the paper and made a pencil mark of where I wanted to put the embossed edge and then ran the white layer through the Cuttlebug using the D'vine Swirls embossing folder. (Notice I didn't use the Swiss Dots this time.)

Next I put the stencil back onto the white layer and masked off the entire area around the stencil. I stippled red and green chalk into the design and then very carefully applied Dreamweaver Translucent Embossing Paste. After removing the stencil, I shook Hero Arts Ultra Fine Prisma Glitter over the wet paste. This had to be put aside until the paste was completely dry.

When the embossing paste was dry, I adhered the white layer to the card base and then made the "Happy Mother's Day" piece and popped it on the front.

I feel the Black ink was just a little too bold for that design but I still like the card. Thanks for stopping by. Your comments on the blog are always appreciated!

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Very pretty Vicki

Lynette said...

Gorgeous, Vicki! I love the sparkle - that technique is great! I really love that stencil, too. And I like the sentiment - I have that stamp:)

Harriet Skelly said...

This is beautiful Vicki! I love the sparkle you got with the glitter!

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!