Monday, June 28, 2010

REPEAT IMPRESSIONS - REBECCA

Two of my friends, Harriet and Lynette, are on the design team for Repeat Impressions Stamps. A new stamp is released each week and when I saw the cards they made with the stamp "Rebecca" I knew I had to have it. Friends are such enablers! :)

I stamped the design on white card stock first and then again on the patterned paper which was in the LilyKate paper pad from Basic Grey. I cut out the pieces I wanted to piece onto the white card stock and adhered them. I then colored the hair, her arms and legs with my Copic CIAO markers. The white layer was then attached to the solid green paper and then onto the patterned paper - both of which were also from the same paper pad.

The butterfly was punched with a Martha Stewart punch. I added the three gems and then wanted to outline the butterfly with Crystal Stickles. I smudged one edge so just took my finger and smeared the Stickles over the entire portion of the wings.

This was my second attempt at paper piecing. It really is fun so if you haven't tried it, you really should. It just adds so much to the design.

Thanks for stopping by...........hope you come back again soon!

1 comment:

Harriet Skelly said...

Beautifully done Vicki! I just used Rebecca today and paper pieced her for our RI sketch challenge this Wednesday.

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!