Friday, July 2, 2010

CARD USING VELLUM


While our group gathered in Des Moines the middle of June, one of my friends (Kris) was making cards by using beautiful tulip vellum paper on the front of the card. They were all gorgeous! I had long forgotten that I had some printed vellum sheets stashed away. When I was looking for a colored sheet of vellum for another project, I ran across the patterned vellum sheets.

From this sheet of vellum I was able to get three very pretty cuts to put on the front of cards. This one leaves me the option of being able to use appropriate ink and stamping a sentiment in the upper left hand corner, but I do believe I will just leave well enough alone. I'd hate to have the ink smear.

I wish I could remember where I got this beautiful vellum. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Lynette said...

Very beautiful, Vicki! I know that I have plenty of patterned vellum, too:)

Harriet Skelly said...

I absolutely love this VIcki! I have never seen vellum like this or like the paper Kris was using!!

Sheri said...

Vicki, it is beautiful! I looked and can't find any really pretty vellum. I thought I had some but can't find it. Darn!

Annie said...

Lovely card Vicki!! Is the butterfly right in the pattern or ?? It seems to pop right off the page.....love it!!

Barbara said...

Vicki, this is so elegant! I know I have some long forgotten patterned vellum around here somewhere! I love this image just the way it is!

Barb

Jackie Bolhuis had a  video a few weeks ago using these little birds. All of these use the layouts use a strip of dsp measure 1 3/4"-2...