Saturday, July 24, 2010

CHRISTMAS IN JULY

Have you seen all the Hallmark Christmas ornaments in the stores already? Right after the 4th of July you probably start hearing things now and then about Christmas. Lately I was hearing ads about some of the on-line retail stores having special sales already as incentive to make purchases for Christmas.

While working with all of my vellum flowers the last few days I ran across some beautiful red pieces. Well, you know I had to do something with them. The card above is the result of hearing about Christmas already and the flowers I've been having fun with.

The card base was run thrugh my Cuttlebug using a Sizzix Poinsettia embossing folder. I had a piece of plaid paper with the perfect "red" in it. After I adhered the paper it needed something to run along the seam. I tried various ribbons and found this gold metallic piece that seemed to pick up the gold gems I had put in the center of the flower. I then attached the Poinsettia - which I made with the Spellbinders Poinsettia dies - using glue dots. (Let me know if you would like to order the dies. )

OK, So I'm a little early, but it was a fun card to make when it's so HOT outside.

Thank you for coming by!

2 comments:

JulieHRR said...

The red vellum makes a gorgeous poinsettia!

Sheri said...

That is simply lovely!

From the pattern on  this  video you will get two cards with this layout.  These are mine. Thank you for coming by today!