Tuesday, July 20, 2010

GARDEN FLOWERS from Inkadinkado

In an effort to start using some of the MANY stamps I have purchased and NOT used yet, I pulled out the Inkadinkado "Garden Flowers" set from my stash. The set has four sentiments on it and several designs including the border used here.

On my first try I colored the "flourish" and sentiment with SU YoYo Yellow and Moss Green markers. When I stamped it, the image was terrible. I consulted my ever faithful group of ladies on Yahoo and was reminded that I should try "treating" the images by rubbing them with my emery board or a pencil eraser. I gently roughed them up with my emery boad and was much happier with the stamped image that I got. I haven't found this necessary on some of my other clear stamps but it certainly worked on these.


This card was made using SU Passion Pink and Mellow Moss markers. It's not a fancy card but it was quick (once I scuffed the stamps) and sometimes that's just what I need........QUICK!
Thank you for stoping by!

1 comment:

Lynette said...

Great card, Vicki! I'm glad you could get your stamps to work. I love the stamped border on the top and bottom.

From the pattern on  this  video you will get two cards with this layout.  These are mine. Thank you for coming by today!