Wednesday, July 21, 2010

SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW

Did you think you were going to be seeing a Wedding Card? Nope!

Today's card has something old and something new on it. :) And I guess I could say something borrowed was used.......an idea I saw on another blog. Yesterday I received an order of Spellbinders items and one of the items was for myself. So the something new is the Daisy Petals die set. Something old is the pink vellum I have had for years in a drawer of other vellum colors. And I'd hate to think of how long I've had those brads.

Again the idea for this flower came from Selma's Stamping Corner. She had made a box with a flower on top using the Daisy Petals die but had used card stock instead of vellum for her flower. I have really liked the look that vellum gives to flowers ever since I saw the first ones she made. I can see myself making a lot more vellum flowers in the future.

I cut two of the large dies, and one of each of the medium and small dies. The papers are from the Basic Grey "Two Scoops" 6 x 6 pad.

Thanks for stopping by! Tell me what you think..................

5 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

I think I need those dies too! Love the flowers you've been making!

Anonymous said...

This is a very pretty flower/card!
~ Annie

Anonymous said...

This is a very pretty flower/card!
~ Annie

Lynette said...

So very beautiful, Vicki! I love the pink flower - awesome!

Selma said...

Vicki this card is gorgeous. I love the larger flowers made with vellum too. Thank you for the link back to my blog. You are so sweet.

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...