Wednesday, August 18, 2010

ANOTHER STAMP BARGAIN

The stamped image here is another one I grabbed at the stamp sale. It makes a great card for guys and my son-in-law is having a birthday in a few days. (No way he's looking at my blog page!)

I stamped the image with SU Chocolate Chip ink, let it dry and then colored it with chalk. I did the sky using a light blue and smeared the chalk in with a cotton ball. Then I used eye shadow pads to color the water, grass and trees. Still using chalk, I used my Dove Blender to apply the dark green chalk to the duck which gave it a darker color.

Spellbinders Labels 9 dies were used to cut the layers. The layers were attached to the front of the card which had been run through the Cuttlebug using a CB folder.

Although our SIL doesn't hunt ducks, he is an outdoors man and I think he'll like this card.

Thanks for coming by...........hope you come back soon!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Very nice, Vicki! I'm sure it will be appreciated!

Harriet Skelly said...

I like how the chalks give this a soft look - so beautifully colored! I like that image.

Annie said...

What a great guy card!! You really scored big time at that sale Vicki!! Love this!!

Sheri said...

Vicki, that is beautiful! You don't have to be a hunter to love ducks. I know he will love it.

   These are two cards I made using the second format from Robin Armbrecht's video.  (You can see a link in yesterday's post.)  I li...