Friday, August 13, 2010

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, KRIS

I needed an anniversary card for my friend, Kris and her husband. She has received the card so it is now safe for me to post it. One of my favorite color combinations is black and white with a little red. The black and white card stock came from a paper pack I purchased at Hobby Lobby. I like that it had polka dots which tied in with the little dots on the design I had stamped. I used a Copic marker to add the little bits of red to the stamped design and decided a layer of red card stock would work nice to tie everything together.

This was a quick and easy card but I really like how it turned out. And I know my friend likes black and white cards as well.

Today I had the pleasure of having a friend come to my home this morning because she was wanting to learn a bit more about new things and ideas she could use for making cards. We had a nice time visiting and doing some laughing together...........good for all of us to remember. Seeing and hearing her excitement about some of the things I showed her was so fun and really made my day. Note to Selma,: I had her make a vellum flower and she is totally sold on how beautiful they are. I gave a brief tour of some great blogs to visit for even more ideas. When she left, I told her she had to come back again. (You know who you are and I hope you know I meant it when I said......you have to come back again.)

Thanks everybody for stopping by. Your comments are always welcome.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Very cute card Vicki!! I like this color combo a lot.....you are good at tieing it all together.

Harriet Skelly said...

Vicki this is adorable!!

Unknown said...

gorjuss card, love the layout and the colours go so well together as well xx

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...