Tuesday, August 17, 2010

MORE ALCOHOL INK

I just discovered this card had not gotten posted today. I had accidentally saved it as a draft. :(

This was another item I had in a basket of "pieces". The background was done with Tim Holtz alcohol iks. I then stamped the image on it with VersaMark and embossesd with black embossing powder. That was as far as it had gone. So I mounted it on a piece of black card stock and then added the red and black strips. I got the idea from my friend Harriet who had done something similar on a horizonal card she had made recently.

Thanks for stopping by..............what do you think?

4 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

I think this is GORGEOUS!! I love those alcohol inks - the colors with the black images are so striking! This is a wonderful piece of art Vicki!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

WOWZA! This really does look more like an ART painting than a card! It is truly FABULOUS....and the colors are perfect, as well as the arrangement! You really can ROCK those alcohol inks!
Joanne

Annie said...

I love the color combination, it really stands out.
How do you apply those alcohol inks Vicki?

A great way to use up sheets of your designer series papers is to do One Sheet Wonder patterns.  This one was a little different because you...