Wednesday, August 4, 2010

MORE PENNY BLACK

Until this next Monday, I'm going to be busy with three grandchildren staying with us - one 9 year old tonight and tomorrow night and then I switch with the other grandmother and will have a 3 year old and a 4 1/2 year old. So the cards I post (if I get time) will not be anything I've made in the last few days. Sorry........

I've probably posted a card with this Penny Black sticker before, but I just love these. This time I mounted the sticker onto a piece of kind of a Country Blue card stock and trimmed to leave a frame around the image. I had a piece of paper that had come from a Basic Grey paper pad and really liked the look of it with this sticker - the colors seemed to pick up the same shades as the flowers and background.

I ran the card base through the Cuttlebug and embossed just half of the front. I attached the Basic Grey paper and then adhered the design on top. There was still a butterfly on the sticker sheet so I mounted it on a piece of card stock slightly smaller than the butterfly and put it on with pop dots.

Anyone interested in the Penny Black stickers you see on my posts can contact me at the email address shown on the right column of my blog. The sticker sheets are $2.00 plus postage.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Vicki, I love all your cards, but this is my favorite!! Very soft and pretty!

I'll take 3 sticker sets (Romance of Flowers) with my current order.

Ayana Posadas said...

What a great card, Vicki! :)
I love the overall design. I'm actually going to be doing a giveaway soon for Penny Black. I should be posting details on my blog later on this month. I hope you had a fun time with your grand children over the weekend! :)

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...