Tuesday, September 7, 2010

COOL SHADOW CIAO MARKER

I was able to purchase this SU Hostess set for a great price at a stamp sale this summer. After I got it home I debated whether I really should have purchased it. Today I went to SCS and did some surfing through the gallery for cards using the set. There weren't many but I did find one that was the inspiration for making today's post. The one on SCS was a vertical card and had more to it, but I like the way this one turned out.

The designer paper is from the Papertrey "Everyday Blessings" 6 x 6 paper collection. I loved the papers in it and it was close to the SU Baja Breeze that was used on the sample I saw. After I started, I wondered if I'd be able to find a marker to match the color. It only took a second try to find that "BG10 Cool Shadow" matched it perfectly.

Because I wanted to add a snowflake under the semi-circle, I took a deep breath and decided to try inking up a clear stamp with a Copic maker. I wasn't sure if it would dry too fast or clean up but I proceeded. It worked just fine! The stamp cleaned up with a baby wipe. If it had been a darker color, I don't know if that would have worked as well. HOWEVER, the snowflake I experimented with wasn't quite the right size so I found another one that I stamped with Memento ink and then colored the image with the Cool Shadow marker. The layers were added with dimensionals.

A Martha Stewart snowflake punch was used on two of the corners and a rounder on the upper two corners.

9 comments:

Cards by Gina said...

I think you did a beautiful job with this stamp set. Your card is lovely! Thanks so much for playing at PPA with us!

Jen Timko said...

I, for one, am glad you have the set. This is wonderful!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable clean and simple card! Love this image! Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week!

Harriet Skelly said...

Beautiful winter card Vicki!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

I love my cool shadow i bought from you, I use it all the time, this is so great, love your card

Sheri said...

This is so unusual and I like it a lot. Great job!

Lynette said...

Great card, Vicki! I love everything about it. I think you did great getting that stamp set!

Nance Leedy said...

It's a winter wonderland! So frosty and beautiful. I love how the snowpeople circle the snowflake. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

jaydee said...

Vicki, I'm pleased you found this stamp and used it on a card for the Paper Players. It's gorgeous. I love the soft sparkly colors and it works so well for a CAS card.
Great job with the challenge. thank you for joining the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!