Sunday, September 26, 2010

IN FLIGHT

This card was using a technique I haven't used for a while.  The butterfly stencil is from Dreamweavers.  I carefully masked it onto a piece of white card stock and stippled Stampin Up Lavender Lace and Pretty in Pink inks into the open areas.  (See how to make this below)  After letting the embossing paste dry over night I cut the rectangles using my Spellbinders Classic Scalloped rectangles.  The white around the butterfly needed to be softened a bit so I used the Tim Holtz tool to add the lavendar ink around the butterfly. 

Before adhering the matted design to the card, I ran the front of the card through my Cuttlebug using a Quickutz embossing folder.  The designer paper was a perfect color for the Pretty in Pink shade and is reversible so I was able to use the plain side as the rectangle mat and the striped side for the contrast. 

(TUTORIAL:  My friend, Lynette, posted a great tutorial on YouTube showing the entire procedure for doing this.  Click here to see: Using Embossing Paste   Two things I would mention: 
1.  Be sure to use removable tape when attaching the stencil as she mentions in the tutorial.  This will prevent tearing the cardstock when it is time to remove the tape.  
2.  In addition to the removable tape, I add masking around the entire piece with post -its since it gives even more protection to keep embossing paste off the main part of the card.)

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful butterfly! Love how the colors coordinate so well with the DSP!

Sheri said...

Very pretty Vicki. Love digging out old techniques and making them look new again.

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!