Wednesday, September 1, 2010

SCALED DOWN BRAYER CARD

As I believe I mentioned earlier, most of the cards I make are the 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" size so I wanted to see if I could scale down one of the designs we made in the class with Michelle Zindorf. This is what I came up with. By not putting a reflection image that made the design much more adaptable to the A2 size.

When I stamped the tree, I didn't ink the grass portion with the black. Then I cleaned the stamp and stamped the grass portion with SU Wild Wasabi ink. The wolf was added and then I needed to finish off the bottom portion by sponging more of the Wild Wasabi so it didn't appear the wolf was floating in the air. With a marker, I added a few blades of grass around the wolf's feet.

I like this size and think I will be trying to make more brayered cards. I will probably be more limited in what I can do but I think I can still come up with some good scenes.

THANKS for looking!

3 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Love it! You are doing a great job with your brayering!

Sheri said...

I like that as well as the one with the reflection! Great job, Vicki

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is so beautiful, I would love to take one of her classes soon.

Since this pack of dsp was still on my table, I decided to try another layout that was something I don't think I had done before.  Once ...