Friday, September 17, 2010

TULIP TIME

I know it is Fall and I should be doing FALL colors, but when I saw this idea on a card, I just had to make one.

The card base is white card stock from Papertrey Ink. The other papers are from my Lasting Impressions papers. Do you recognize the shape of the petals and the leaves? The punches are the "wing" part of the Stampin' Up Bird punch. How cool is that? It's so great when you can find multiple uses for the same punch or any tool! I just cut very narrow strips of the green paper for the stems but could have used the stem of the "branch" on that same punch.....just didn't notice that in time.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Lynette said...

So pretty, and very cool, Vicki!

Barbara said...

Vicki, this is pretty for any time of year! I love it!

Barb

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

vicki, this is so adorable, I love the colors and the idea.

Sheri said...

How clever! It is very pretty, Vicki

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors and the embossing!

Harriet Skelly said...

I love this card - great idea to use the wing from the bird punch - so versatile!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...