Friday, November 5, 2010

CHRISTMAS CARD (needs help)

These last few weeks have really taken a toll on my time for making cards and getting anything posted to my blog.  I miss being able to offer some new ideas but I hope to be able to get back to being a little more regular with cards.

I'll be perfectly honest, this isn't one of my favorite cards that I've made, but I wanted to show that you can make a card using a variety to patterns and not do any stamping.  The Kaisercraft 6" Paper Pad "Belle Collection" has really wonderful patterns and some die cut pieces in the back of the pad. 

I'm not sure what it is that I would change about this but I think it is either the flower I cut out from one of the papers with the oval Nestabilities die.........it just seems a little blah.  It might have been better to stamp a simple design there instead and color it with Copic markers that would be the same color as the papers.  Or maybe I should have left off the border along the left edge.  I do like the striped paper and the patterned paper that covers the front of the card.

I'll welcome any suggestions............THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY!

4 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Vicki, good to see you back in blogland! Hmmmm, let me see, I think the papers are wonderful and since you've asked for "help",I'll say this...I would add some bling to that cut out flower on the oval, just to draw a little more attention to it. The focal point is somewhat missing since there is no sentiment. This would make a perfect card for bulk production even with a few rhinestones ;D. Hope all is well!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Good idea! There is a little gold sparkle in the background paper so I'll try to add a little gold to the flower.....and maybe even add a gold oval behind the flower oval intead of the light colored one.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

I think I would add some glittering diamonds to the flower (just glitter, lol) and some wrinkle ribbon to the striping with a bow below the flower, just to jazz it up a bit.

Ann Schach said...

Great paper, Vicki! I love the layout. If you want to switch it up a bit, I would bling the flower with pearls to give it a little contrast, OR switch out the flower for a sentiment stamped in Cherry Cobbler on Very Vanilla. This would define the focal point a little better! But you are right...these are fabulous papers!

A few days ago I watched a video from  Karen Titus  using 1" squares.  I thought it would be fun to pull out some scraps from one of my...