Tuesday, January 4, 2011

JANUARY CALENDAR

Since I'm a little behind, I didn't get my January Calendar done until yesterday.  I did it rather hurriedly and I can't say that I am terribly proud of this one.  I love the image that was a stamp off from my friend, Joanne.  I knew I wanted to use it for a quick design.  I colored with my Copic markers.  Since it was a stamp off it needed to be cut out and mounted but the white cardstock for the design was a little different white from the calendar piece.  Out of frustration to get it done, I quickly cut a piece of red card stock and ran it through the Cuttlebug to give it something rather than just a plain background.

I had used Crystal Stickles on portions of the design and accidentally got a couple smudges where they didn't belong.  Therefore I added some lines of Stickles trying to make it look like snow.  I should have left it alone. 

Hopefully the February calender will get more attention.  I almost didn't post this one.

Thanks for stopping by............

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Well, I think it looks wonderful, Vicki! Very cute!

Annie said...

I think its very very cute!!

Using the pattern from  this  video referred to yesterday, you will get just one of this card.  Karen Titus added her squares right to the c...