Thursday, January 27, 2011

LOVE

A Yahoo Group that I belong to will be having a swap the end of February where we are to use a brass stencil.  We can dry emboss or use embossing paste for the design.  The first technique I did when I started making cards was dry embossing with brass stencils and I have quite a collection of them that has been stashed in the closet for way too long.  For those of you on that group who visit here, this isn't the card I"ll be sending but it did make me want to bring out one for Valentine's Day.

First of all I embossed the letters on the white card stock and then used a small Nestabilities Classic Square to cut them out.  The brass stencil actually has more design to it but I only wanted the letters.  I made tiny red vellum flowers with a Martha Stewart punch.  After adding tiny white pearls to the center I glued them to the letters where the embossed flowers would have been.  It worked out really well to attach them to the checked dp so there was a tiny red "frame" around each letter.

Another Martha Stewart punch (Loops Heart) was used to punch both edges of the white layer.  The card base is SU Real Red card stock.  I placed the white layer and gauged where I wanted to add narrow borders using a Cuttlebug embossing folder.

PLEASE NOTE:  I am clearing inventory of brass stencils (new and in package) so if you are interested in adding to your own collection, please email me at vboddicker@aol.com

Thanks for stopping by.  Your comments are always appreciated!

5 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

Vicki this is gorgeous - I love the embossed letters!

Lynette said...

Awesome, Vicki! I really love this card - what a great idea! Love the little vellum flowers, too!

Sheri said...

Vicki, that is just beautiful! Great placement of the letters and flowers and I love the MS punch

Selma said...

This is beautiful. Gosh, I have a ton of those old brass stencils and never think to drag them out. I love how you created this card with the little squares and the punched border really frames it all so nicely.

Ann Schach said...

Vicki...You are so talented! Your cards never cease to amaze me...and this one is no exception!

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!