Wednesday, January 12, 2011

RED CARDINAL

One of the blogs I like to follow is Selma's Stamping Corner.  You can find a link to her blog below and on the right of this page.  She is a designer for Joan's Gardens.  Joan sells a lot of Heartfelt Creations stamps with coordinating dies.  Cardinals are such a beautiful bird and this card was made with one of the designs. 

The snowflake border on two sides of the card was made by running the card through the Cuttlebug twice with the Snowflake border folder.  The design stamped twice.  The cardinal was cut out of one stamp off and then cut out using a matching die.  The pieces were then colored with Copic CIAO markers.

Supplies:
I can get the CIAO (or Sketch) Copic markers and Liquid Applique used for the snow on the branch.
Red card stock is from SU
Cardinal stamp and die are from Joans Gardens

Thank you for stopping by!  Your comments are always welcome and appreciated!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

I love this card, Vicki! The cardinal is so pretty, and I love the way you embossed the snowflake border on adjoining sides. I also really like that corner punch used with the scalloped mat!

Sheri said...

Very pretty. I love to see the cardinals in the snow. Love that embossing folder!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Vicki! I love the puffy snow!

Barbara said...

Vicki, this is gorgeous! The cardinal is my favorite and you have showcased him beautifully!

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...