Sunday, February 27, 2011

BLUE AND LAVENDER

Our Yahoo Group is having a Blue and Lavender card swap this month.  Most of the time I sign up to have a partner but this time I wasn't sure if I'd have time so I signed up as a "Virtual" swap - which means I can make a card to post in the folder but not send it.

This plaid paper has been in my paper stash for so long and at times I wondered why I had bought it.  (Any f you have that same problem?)  I used the Spellbinders Beaded Ovals die set to cut and emboss the white layer.  The flowers are some that I bought in a bucket of these at Michael's in the wedding section.  I colored them with my Copic CIAO markers.  When I first started buying the Copic markers I wondered why anyone would need so many colors.  In this case it was so nice to be able to pull out colors that really matched the paper so well.  (Two of the flowers in the cluster are actually lavender but the picture is almost making them all look blue.)

I placed the flowers approximately where they would be attached and then stamped the Hero Arts sentiment using a VersaColor cube which also matched very closely to the lavender color.  Pearls were attached to the center of each of the flowers and my project was finished.

Thank you for stopping by.  Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

Mary said...

Your card is beautiful Vicki. I love that you used items that you all ready had on hand. Yes, I have purchased paper and other crafting items only to put them away and then many months later wondered why I even bought them. I'm learning not to do that any more. :) I love that you colored your flowers using the Copics.

Mary

Annie said...

Beautiful card, your colors match wonderfully!! Love it!

Sheri said...

Very pretty Vicki

Linda Fisher said...

Another crisp, clean card that leaves me saying "Come On Spring". I just love the color combination, makes me think of Forget-Me-Nots that will soon be flowering.

Lynette said...

What a beautiful card, Vicki! Love that oval! I just got out some of those flowers yesterday, too! :)

Anonymous said...

That is really pretty. Aren't those little flowers the BEST. Great card. ~Kris

Char said...

What a lovely card...so calming! That's the only word that best describes it for me. I just had to jump in and comment. I love the Beaded oval.....you chose.

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...