Thursday, February 3, 2011

SUPER SIMPLE - BUT ELEGANT

I've had my mother staying with us for a couple of days through the bad weather so today's card really is a SUPER SIMPLE one.  However, look at the possibilities that this leaves.  By adding a delicate sentiment under the bottom embossing, you can turn this card into one for many occasions.  By slightly lowering the design,a monogram could be used above the design and make it a very personal card.  Make up a set and that would make a really great gift for someone.

The stamp I used is from a retired SU set called Beautiful Borders. (I was lucky to find this at a great price on eBay.)  The ink I used is from Hero Arts - Soft Blossom Shadow Ink - and it looks beautiful on off white card stock.  The embossing was done with a Cuttlebug border folder.

Thank you for stopping by.  I hope to get some new cards made soon.

No comments:

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...