Thursday, March 24, 2011

MASCULINE CARD

I have spent nearly the entire day in my craft/computer room today.  The wonderful reason is because our new carpet and linoleum are being installed.  During all of this time, I have only managed to make one card. 

The stamp I used is from Northwoods Rubber Stamps and was stamped with SU Chocolate Chip ink and VersaMark.  I then heat embossed the design with clear embossing powder.  The design was stamped on a piece of Papertrey Ink off white card stock and looked so plain.  I happened to have a thin wood frame (I think you would call it chip board) that had the perfect cut out for the oval.  The layer was put into a Cuttlebug embossing folder and then the wood frame was placed over top of the image.  By doing that only the outer edges were embossed.  I trimmed down the layer so that I could attach it to the front of a card base of SU Chocolate Chip card stock.

Ok, so you ask what else did you do with the rest of the day?  I kept up with my emails, I worked on my mother's income tax information and I did some organizing..........with more organizing to do.  I am trying very hard to go through some stamps etc that I know I'm not going to use or use any longer.  I am so fortunate to be able to take items to a Stamp and Scrap sale the end of April.  I just have to make room for some more new "stuff".  :)

Not sure if I'm going to be able to get to my kitchen to make supper (or darn) so we may just have to go somewhere to grab a bite.  Such a hardship.

Thanks for stopping by................hope you are having a great day.

6 comments:

Mary said...

Your card is beautiful Vicki.I love that you made a masculine card I never seem to see enough cards made for men. using the chipboard frame with the oval and embossing it is a great idea. awesome card. :)

I hope that your floors are all done now.


Mary

Lynette said...

Great masculine card, Vicki - perfect! I'm so happy for you that your carpet is in!!!

Sheri said...

Very nice guy card!

Ann Schach said...

I love this masculine card, Vicki! You do such beautiful CAS cards!

Barbara said...

Perfect guy card, Vicki! I like the single color and the oval frame is perfect! I've always liked Northwoods stamps. When we still had Unique Expressions here in Branson I bought several over the years. Mmmmm... I bet if I look hard enough I will find some that haven't been used for awhile!

Annie said...

what a gorgeous card Vicki, love this image, great for guys or anyone!
Yeah!! the carpet is in! bet it feels great to have this all done!

Since this pack of dsp was still on my table, I decided to try another layout that was something I don't think I had done before.  Once ...