Sunday, March 20, 2011

SUNDAY'S SUNFLOWERS

Northwoods Rubber Stamps have a lot of great designs.  I believe I found this beautiful bouquet of sunflowers in a stamp store in Branson MO last Fall.  A few days ago I finally got it out to use and stamped the design using Memento Rich Cocoa Ink.  I colored it with Copic CIAO markers. 

The design sat on my table for a few days and today I took the time to use it for a card.  I decided to add some Ranger Distress Ink (Brushed Corduroy) using a sponge.  It helped to soften the look of the off white card stock.  The image is mounted on SU Wild Wasabi card stock.  The image seemed to be a good one to stamp an extra sunflower to mount on the center flower. 

I was going to adhere the layers onto the card base and then decided the edges of the card base needed to be distressed as well.

Hope you've had a great weekend.  Thank you for stopping by. 

6 comments:

Shari Suzuki said...

hi vicki! :)
love the card you made! :)
it's beautiful! :)
shari :)

Harriet Skelly said...

Wow Vicki - that image is awesome and your coloring is terrific!!

Anonymous said...

I love this card! What did you use to apply the Distress Ink in
Brushed Corduroy? I seem to get too much ink in one place and then it has ruined the card. Thanks, Sandy

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Vicki! The distressing is the perfect touch!

Mary said...

Your sunflowwrs are so beautiful. I also love the way that you distressed your card by using the sponging technique. I love this card!

mary

Lynette said...

Gorgeous, Vicki! Great stamp and coloring!

BUNNY TREAT BOX

This  treat box  is great for just adding a few small Easter treats. Thank you for stopping by!