Saturday, March 5, 2011

SUNFLOWERS

For a long time I have wanted to make a "shaped" card.  They are so easy to do but I just dont' usually remember to do it when I get time to make a card.  Today I got out my Spellbinders Labels 17 which is a perfect size.  I cut the shape placing the die slightly above the fold line, cut and embossed the edge.  The embossing edge doesn't show up well on this picture.

The sunflowers are from a die which came from Creating Everlasting Memories.  The stamp is from a Canadian stamp company...."The Stamp Barn".  I love the font on it.  Papers used for the flowers were just scraps from my container. 

Thanks for stopping by..........remember there is still time to participate in Joans Gardens blog hop.

5 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Hello sweet blogging friend, Vicki!! Your card is beautiful!! I love the shape and those amazing sunflowers, the way they frame the sentiment out is wonderful!! Have a blessed weekend!! Hugs, Sabrina

Lynette said...

Great idea to frame the sentiment with the sunflowers, Vicki - pretty card!

Sheri said...

I love shaped cards and you are so right, by the time I remember the regular card is done!

Ann Schach said...

Perfect shaped card, Vicki! And the flowers are so springy!

Mary said...

I love your card Vicki. I have never used my nestabilities to make a shaped card. I have got to try this.

Mary

   These are two cards I made using the second format from Robin Armbrecht's video.  (You can see a link in yesterday's post.)  I li...