Friday, April 22, 2011

IT'S BRIGHT - PUT ON YOUR SUNGLASSES


It appears my picture may not show again, so here is a link:  Yellow and Orange Card Swap

The Yahoo group which I belong to had a color swap this month using orange and yellow.  I debated about joining the swap because I wasn't sure what I would make.  I had these flowers that I had made from a friend's die last summer when we met in Des Moines.  I added the orange glitter glue.  From there I decided to use the large Spellbinders Labels 17 die to cut the two layers.  A strip of orange dotted swiss ribbon was wrapped around the white layer before attaching it to the orange layer.  Then I arranged the flowers - popping the middle one with pop dots. 
I knew I wanted to add a butterfly but the yellow one by itself just didn't quite do it for me so I layered a smaller orange on top with orange glue dots on the body.  I love using punched butterflies along with the sentiment from My Sentiments Exactly. 

My friend, Joyce, was the group member who received this card and I was so pleased to hear she is going to use it to send to a neighbor who could use some cheer.

I imagine many of you will be busy tomorrow getting ready for Easter dinner.  May you have a very Blessed Easter Sunday!  Thank you for stopping by.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I just popped on over to where your card can be seen. WOW! I never would have though to use orange and yellow in the way that you did. Your card is beautiful Vicki. I'm so glad that you put a link up to your card it was wel worth waiting for.

Mary

Lynette said...

So, so pretty, Vicki! What a great way to use the colors. Love the flowers and butterfly. How cool the card was "recycled," too.

From the pattern on  this  video you will get two cards with this layout.  These are mine. Thank you for coming by today!