Tuesday, May 24, 2011

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, ALLAN AND PAM

My high school friend, Pam, and I have stayed in touch all these years (I won't admit to how many).  When we graduated she married two days later and about a year later moved to Texas.  I was so sad to know she would be so many miles away.  My mother told me that high school friendships don't usually last -- BUT THIS ONE HAS!  In fact, we vacationed together last Fall.

On Sunday, May 29th they will be celebrating their 46th anniversary (Ooops.....there I said how long we've stayed in touch) and going on an Alaskan cruise.  As luck would have it they are even sailing on the same ship that we did in 2008 and I don't believe they even knew which one we had gone on.  Pam spends so much time on the computer at work for a big airline and doesn't do Facebook or other Internet surfing -- in fact she has made me her personal shopper on the Internet.  :)  I know she won't see this before she gets the card.  I'm just hoping the card reaches her before they leave.

The paper used on this card is from KaiserCraft English Rose paper pad.  The papers are beautiful!  The sentiment is from Paper Inspirations.  I was disappointed that the ink didn't stamp a little more evenly.  Photo Corner dies are from Quickutz/Lifestyle Crafts.  Butterfly was made with a Martha Stewart punch.

I always enjoy your comments!  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Such a beautiful card...such soft colors. The butterfly is so pretty.

Lynette said...

So gorgeous, Vicki! Love all your little extra touches. Beautiful paper, too!

Aren't these birds cute?  I've had the stamp set for a while and just hadn't inked it up.  The littlest bird was cut out and pop...