Friday, July 22, 2011

TWO 90th BIRTHDAY CARDS


This first card doesn't appear to be a 90th Birthday card.  My father has been gone for twenty-two years.  Dad had a cousin who farmed with him and the cousin is celebrating his 90th birthday.   We are invited to a luncheon tomorrow for his celebration.  My mother also needed a card and I thought a card with a "farm" theme would be most appropriate for her to give him.  

The stamp is from Whipper Snapper and has such a cute farm design.  I colored the image with Copic Markers and then mounted it onto an SU  Night of Navy piece of card stock.  Before mounting it onto the off white card base I wanted to emboss the front of the card.  The Craft Concepts "Sun Rays" folder worked out perfectly to have the "rays" coming up behind the scene.

I like making Black and White cards so decided to use this combination to make the card from my husband and I.  Last week I ordered the dies for 1 through 0 from Creating Everlasting Memories.

The dies were on sale for only $1.99 each and I just knew I could get a lot of good out of them.  At the time I wasn't counting on having them in time to make a card for tomorrow but they arrived very quickly.

The Spellbinder's Labels One were used behind the number dies and one of the Spellbinders Ribbon  Banners was used for the sentiment which was from a Stampendous stamp set.

Both of the Spellbinders sets can be purchased from me at a discount.   I'd love to hear your comments.  Thank you for coming by!

3 comments:

Linda Fisher said...

Love both Birthday cards. My eye really draws to the first one. We used to own a farm for one thing and the other.....I love sunflowers! The sun rays in the background is stunning.

Lynette said...

Great cards, Vicki! Nice coloring on the farm one.

Ann Schach said...

Both cards are perfect for such a special birthday! I love the sun rays! Gorgeous!

My card was modeled after one I saw on Pinterest.  That card used a die with larger trees.  This die is from Penny Black.  I liked the large...