Friday, October 7, 2011

THINKING OF YOU

Before I say anything else, I must let you know that this was not an original idea.  I follow several different blogs and saw a card like this.  Since I already had the Silhouette Grass from Hero Arts, I decided to make one very similar to what I saw.  To see the card that I cased, you can see it here:  2011-10-04 Hero Arts Silhouette Grass – – Autumn Blessings « The Craftiblog   Bonnie Szwalkiewicz has a lot of great cards on her blog so check them out.  Bonnie's card was a one layer card, but I decided I would mount the design onto the SU Close to Cocoa cardstock which matched the SU ink I had used.

One of the things that caught my eye on her card was the shine on the tops of the grass.  I wasn't sure what she used but I had a gold Spica pen which worked perfect.  If you click on the picture you might be able to see the shine that it gives.

Thank you for stopping by!  Your comments are always welcome so I'd love to hear from you!

3 comments:

bonnie32002 said...

Love what you did and the vertical saying is perfect for this! I have some of those, why didn't I think of that? LOL!

thanks for the compliment and casing me.

Sheri said...

Very pretty and I love the shine!

Lynette said...

Ditto what Sheri said:) Love the gold, and that is a great image.

A great way to use up sheets of your designer series papers is to do One Sheet Wonder patterns.  This one was a little different because you...